Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Celebrating A Baby

My office mate was attending a baby shower last week and asked me to whip up a card for her to give with their group gift. We did a little espionage and looked at her registry for inspiration. The mom-to-be is having a girl and all the bedding was pretty neutral with light blue and brown and had a bit of an jungle animal theme to it. The moment I saw pictures of it, I knew exactly what set to use.

To make a subtle background, I used most of the animals in the Fox & Friends set and stamped them onto the Close to Cocoa card base in Close to Cocoa classic ink after stamping off once to mute the intensity. I then used the turtle from the same set on Whisper White cardstock with Old Olive ink and carefully cut it out. A wide strip of Bashful Blue textured cardstock made up the majority of the card and I used the Scallop Edge punch to bring in a touch of femininity.


To celebrate the baby girl, I added a strip of Pretty in Pink cardstock at the top and made a pink present out of Pretty in Pink Cardstock and a Chocolate Chip marker. I attached the turtle and present with dimensionals and tied some twine around both for the turtle to make the delivery. I also stamped the balloon from the Owl Together Now set in Chocolate chip ink onto a scrap of So Saffron cardstock and cut out the top portion only. After adhering with a dimensional, I used the Chocolate Chip marker to make the string. For the sentiment, I individually stamped the letters from the Rough Edges Alphabets set. I didn't worry about lining the letters up perfectly, letting the slight slants add some whimsy to the card.

All supplies by Stampin' Up!® unless noted:
Stamps: Fox & Friends, Owl Together Now, Rough Edges Alphabets (retired)
Paper: Close to Cocoa, Bashful Blue Textured, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, So Saffron cardstock
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Old Olive and Chocolate Chip class ink
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Stampin' Marker, 1/4" Bashful Blue grosgrain ribbon, Scallop Edge punch, Paper Piercing tool, Dimensionals, Twine (Papertrey)

1 comment:

Mary said...

That is too cute. I like that it doesn't scream pink!