Sunday, January 16, 2011

Progress...

Last week, my craft room looked like this...


Last night I took pictures of my progress and thought I give you a sneak peek. I know I've been talking about these updates for a while now, and I wanted to prove to you that I actually do have a craft room...I think some people were starting not to believe me. :) There is A LOT of work yet to be done, so please excuse the mess.

This is my main stamping and miscellaneous craft area. I have been using a folding table, but I am trying to find a new white table or desk. I hoping to find something a little bit smaller as I have found the more horizontal place I have, the more stacks of paper/junk I can put on it. I'm hoping once everything is put together and everything has a designated place, that won't happen as much. The walls above the ledge are Full Moon and the blue is called Sleepy Blue (it's a little bit more grey in real life), both by Sherwin Williams.
I have a few crafting ideas to fill in the space between the windows so stay tuned. In this picture you can see my ink tower which was generously donated to me by a stamping friend. I'm hoping to paint it white later this year. You can kind of see under the desk that I have some storage cubes. This is were I store paper scraps, coloring accessories, brads, buttons, punches...you name it, it's probably there. It will be great that everything is within arms reach.

If you rotate a little to the right, there is my main storage wall. There will be a floating shelf at the top and this is where I store my stamp sets, paper cutting dies, sewing projects, and sewing supplies. I'm hoping to get another flank of storage cubes for more fabric storage.


After stepping into the craft room and rotating more to the right, you see my sewing table. This is also a folding table and hopefully will be replaced soon as well. I've been itching to start some projects, so this was one of the first areas I worked on putting back together.


The last side of the craft room is more storage. My stamp table is there in the lower right of the picture. Resting on the ledge above that is my ribbon holder that my husband constructed for me. To the left of that is where my two floating shelves are going to go (I had to take the bottom cleat down temporarily). I added some flower vinyl wall art from Stampin' Up! and have to put up a few more tan ones towards the right side. They didn't photograph well, so I'll try to get a better picture in my next update. Right now this is my biggest obstacle as I'm not sure if I want the floating shelves painted in white or in the blue wall color.


And last but least, below the two floating shelves will be my custom built printer stand. Steve made this as well and designed it to fit my paper storage underneath it. The paper storage used to be black plastic but I spent about $20 on spray paint and in a couple hours (plus a few days for curing) they were white. I used Krylon Fusion spray paint and it didn't even require priming. The white is holding on pretty well, so I'm quite happy with the results.


So, that's my progress report. I'm hoping to get a bit more done this weekend, as I have Monday off. However, I just got my first stamp order of the year in the mail on Friday, so I have some playing around to do. Thanks for sticking with me!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Looks great! I like the paint colors. It is such a bright work space. Can't wait to see it when it is all finished!

~Jaime~ said...

Looks great! I really love the paint colors, very warm and bright. I think I'd do the shelves white, but that's because I have everything white. :)

You have so many supplies! Right now I have the opposite problem, a lot of storage and not enough supplies to go in them! :)